Friday, May 1, 2009

To My Ex :-)


All the lies,
shattering
All the answers,
betraying.

The truth still lives on,
Inside me,
Chopping me
like an axe.

In my conscience
I feel
the guilt
of my love

Of my love
that was you,
beautiful-
that you stifled.

I dont want you
back in my life
you never did and never will
deserve my love.

from Honor and character
you went to
candour and boast
to the lies all so heavy

accepting cards of love from others,
on your birthday...
how can you make love to me?
how can i make love to you?

you were never there
when i needed you
now that everything's over,
suddenly i become your need?

just know one last thing
i'll break this love
i'll break this heart
and i'll wipe myself clean of your every touch.

just know this
straying and betraying
are two different things
had you strayed, you would have never broken my home.

just know this
i'll never forget a betrayal
and a betrayal that was you
and i promise you, i wont have a second one.

just know this,
i am not the kinds
to stay
when it's time to leave and say, "Good-bye"!


P.S. -- it's just the title is the title. nothing intended :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is Jeff leaving you the lyrics I mentioned elsewhere by Annie Lennox....

I'm gonna put it all behind me like nothing ever happened between us.
Nothing ever took place between you and me
Yeah, nothing ever happened.
And if you see me walking down the street
I won't even recognize you
I'll just erase you from my memory
Put it all behind me because you are erased.
Oh, erased.

You'll be sitting on someone else's couch
You'll be eating off a stranger's plate
Everything is gonna get wiped out
Like a new start, like a brand-new, fresh clean slate, yeah.
Well here I go remembering again
all the anger and the blame
People in glass houses shouldn't throw those stones,
but something just flew through my windowpane.

I'll be in a brand-new pair of running shoes
and you'll be walking on down different street
in a brand new suit and a fresh clean shirt
making telephone calls
keeping in time with someone else's feet
Keeping in time with someone else's feet